So I wanted to take a moment to talk about African Pride’s Olive Miracle leave in conditioner. As you can see, the container is almost empty. That’s because I LOVE this stuff. I have coarse 4c hair, and I haven’t found any other leave in conditioner that can do what this one does for my hair. I’ll tell them here to help out those who need something different.
- It has great slip. As soon as I put this in my hair it’s almost an immediate detangle. And for 4c hair, we all know that can be a big hassle.
- It makes my hair softer. As I said before I have very coarse hair. It’s hard to make my hair soft and fluffy, but this stuff does.
- It gives my 4c hair real definition. I know the problem a lot of 4c textured naturals is trying to “define” a curl that isn’t there or trying to “recreate” another texture pattern. When I put this in my hair, it is more defined. Not a 3b defined, but defined nonetheless. Which brings me to the next point.
- When I put this in my hair and leave it in overnight with a shower cap, it gives me curls I didn’t even know I had. They last until I detangle my hair. I know some people only leave in certain conditioners for an hour because that’s the maximum time for penetration, but leaving it in overnight is key to getting the defined curls that you want. And trust me, it works.
- It’s versatile. Since it’s moisturizing but thin at the same time you can use it for many things. A twist out, bantu knot out, twa, wash and go, anything you can think of. And it’s easy to wash out when it’s wash day.
Have any of you tried it? Did you get the same results? Let me know.